MPU-6050 Triple-Axis Accelerometer & Gyroscope Module
- Easy mounting and ease of use
- Optional crystal (on-board) of 32.768 KHz
- I2C interface On-board 3.3V regulator
- 3 pin berg connector for auxiliary I2C pin
- 10 pin connector for I2C pins, power supply and interrupt
- Crystal frequency: 32.768 KHz
- Input power supply: 5V
- Gyroscope operating current: 3.6 mA
- Accelerometer normal operating current: 500 µA
The MPU-6000 and MPU-6050&rsquo's integrated 9-axis MotionFusion algorithms access external magnetometers or other sensors through an auxiliary master I2C bus, allowing the devices to gather a full set of sensor data without intervention from the system processor. The devices are offered in the same 4x4x0.9 mm QFN footprint and pinout as the current MPU-3000™ family of integrated 3-axis gyroscopes, providing a simple upgrade path and facilitating placement on already space-constrained circuit boards.
For precision tracking of both fast and slow motions, the MPU-60X0 features a user-programmable gyroscope full-scale range of ±250, ±500, ±1000, and ±2000°/sec (DPS). The parts also have a user-programmable accelerometer full-scale range of ±2g, ±4g, ±8g, and ±16g.
The MPU-6000 family is comprised of two parts, the MPU-6000 and MPU-6050. These parts are identical to each other with two exceptions. The MPU-6050 supports I2C communications at up to 400kHz and has a VLOGIC pin that defines its interface voltage levels; the MPU-6000 supports SPI at up to 20MHz in addition to I2C, and has a single supply pin, VDD, which is both the device’s logic reference supply and the analog supply for the part.