What is a Robot?
A robot is any machine designed to execute tasks automatically with speed and precision. There are as many different types of robots as there are tasks for them to perform. In Technical Terms - It is a system that contains sensors, control systems, manipulators, power supplies and software all working together to perform a task.
What is Robotics?
Robotics is the study of Robots which is the interdisciplinary branch of engineering and science that includes mechanical engineering, electronics engineering, computer science and more. It also deals with the design, construction, operation, and use of a robot, as well as computers used for the process of control, sensory feedback, and information processing.
Why is Robotics important for Children?
Robotics is one of the best applications of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics), and one of the best ways to get children started with Coding and Electronics. It can even be used to help children who struggle to learn in traditional classrooms, by creating a fun learning environment.
- Fun for Children: Robotics is an interactive course which teaches children the basics of Electronics and gradually builds an in-depth knowledge of the field. It introduces them to the modern technologies through fun sessions.
- Boosts Creativity: Robotics unleashes the creativity in young minds as they get exposed to the technology through practical learning. Children love to indulge in activities in which they implement the theory, and take control of ‘things’ into their hands.
- Skill Development: Roboticsenhance imagination, concentration, attention and observation skills in children. This further increases their grasping and problem-solving capacities, a requirement for a successful future.
- Preparedness: Robotics being one of the most booming Technologies today, it gives children leverage when they learn it at an early stage in their life. It will prepare them to understand and tap on to this technology for the betterment of mankind.
- Team Building: Robotics promotes a learning environment for people with different talents. Once harnessed, it can create a bond amongst bright minds. The recent trend of Maker Spaces is a concept that is catching on since individuals can mutually learn and benefit in a symbiotic environment.
- Programming skills: A study states that Robotics is one of the best ways to introduce children to programming. With the practical implementation of their programs, children inculcate better logical reasoning and it eventually boosts their confidence.
Thus the introduction of Robotics in Schools would be a huge benefit not only children but would also improve the teaching mechanism in schools to develop the future generations to be smarter. This innovative technology is our future and getting children started on them from a young age will take them a long way!
Check out our online store for products at affordable prices here