- This is the new APM 2. 6 autopilot module but does not have an onboard compass, which makes this version ideal for use with multi-copters and rovers
- It is integrated with 3-axis gyro, accelerometer, and magnetometer, along with a high-performance barometer.
- It has a barometric pressure sensor upgraded to MS5611-01BA03, from Measurement Specialties.
- Atmel's ATMEGA2560 and ATMEGA32U-2 chips for processing and USB functions respectively.
APM 2.6 Flight Controller Board
The APM 2.6 flight controller board is one of the first open source autopilot systems to use invensense's 6 DoF Accelerometer/Gyro MPU-6000. This flight controller features an onboard 4 MegaByte dataflash chip for automatic data logging, pptional off-board GPS, a uBlox LEA-6H module which is compatible with Arduino. This revision of the board has no onboard compass, which is designed for vehicles (especially multicopters and rovers) where the compass should be placed as far from power and motor sources as possible to avoid magnetic interference.
- 1 x APM 2.6 Flight Controller Board
- 1 x Cable
Features of the APM 2.6 Flight Controller Board
|Board Type||Flight Controller Board|
|Chip Used||Atmel's ATMEGA2560 and ATMEGA32U-2|
|Dimensions||7x 5 x 1 cms|
What is APM planner?
APM Planner 2.0 is an open-source ground station application for MAVlink based autopilots including APM and PX4/Pixhawk that can be run on Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux.