(1) It has provisions for the cartesian robot and extruder.
(2) Expandable to control other accessories.
(3) 3 mosfets for heater / fan outputs and 3 thermistor circuits.
(4) Fused at 5A for additional safety and component protection.
(5) Heated bed control with additional 11A fuse.
(6) Fits 5 Pololu stepper driver board.
(7) Pololu boards are on pin header sockets so they can be replaced easily or removed for use in future designs.
(8) I2C and SPI pins left available for future expansion.
(9) All the Mosfets are hooked into PWM pins for versatility.
(10) Servo style connectors are used to connect to the endstops, motors, and leds. These connectors are gold plated, rated for 3A, very compact, and globally available.
(11) USB type B receptacle.
(12) SD Card added on available.
(13) LEDs indicate when heater outputs on.
(14) Option to connect 2 motors to Z for Prusa Mendel